To Be A First Class Nation Builder, effective interface between the Government and relevant stakeholders, safety/disaster manager based on strategic thinking and planning within a robust Research and Development Environment where safety will be a culture.
To effectively arm and develop appropriate synergy between the Ministry of Special Duties and Intergovernmental Relations, MDAs, relevant stakeholders and the general public for a safe and disaster free environment aided by the application of Innovation, Research and Development.
BRIEF HISTORY OF MINISTRY OF SPECIAL DUTIES
The Ministry of special duties and Inter Governmental Relations was carved out of the political and General Administration Office of the Governor’s Office during the first term of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s Administration in Y1999. Known then as Special Duties Office in the Governor’s Office and inter-governmental relation vide LSG official Gazette No 05 vol. 05 page 67 of 22nd June 2000. Job creation department was later added to the Ministry in August 2004 and she was able to accomplish great feat with the operations department. The Ministry also supervised the defunct Eko Engineering Ventures Limited from Y2006 to Y2010 when it was transferred to private public partnership office for re-engineering into automobile workshop and skills acquisition centre in partnership with reputable private firm. The mandate of the Ministry continued to expand with the creation of Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) and safety commissions both anchoring responsive and preventive disaster matters in the state under the direct super vision of the Ministry. Following realignment of MDAs and their responsibilities the Job Creation Department was taken to the newly created Ministry of wealth creation and Employment Generation while the Fire service was ceded to the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The Ministry therefore has the SAFETY AND EMERGENCY Agencies in the state under her supervision and these include the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Lagos State Safety Board, the Command & Control Centre and Fire Service. The Ministry also coordinates Federal agencies in the state and work to attain mutually beneficial relationships on inter-governmental relations matter.
The Ministry through its activities and programmes has positively impacted on the lives of the citizens of the State. It has brought succor to many indigent persons, those unemployed and victims of natural disasters.
The Ministry has been blessed with seasoned public servants who had made their marks in the history of the State.
- Relations on Special Programmes with Federal, State and Local Governments and their Agencies
- Relations with the organised private sector as may be practicable from time to time
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Matters
- Pursuance of reimbursement and fund reconciliation of the State from Federal Government
- Supervision and Monitoring of:
Command and Control Centres
Lagos State Safety Board (LSSB)
Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA)
- Monitoring of Special Programmes
- Monitoring of the Nigeria Legion
- State Emergency Relief Matters
- Matters relating to Regional Integration and Development
- Any other duties as may assigned by the Governor
1. Administration and Human Resources
2. Regional Integration Department and I.G.R
3. Account department
4. General Services Department
5. Public Affairs
10. Planning Research & Statistics